Tomorrow is the big day! Summer is finally here for many of us and while we are so excited to get out of school, many families struggle with all the extra time to fill with their children. Camps and other summer programs are wonderful, but we all know that there is a tendency to rely on media to fill in the extra time that is in our child’s summer schedules. Sending your kids out in nature is a great priority for the summer, so to help you think of ideas to send your child outside I will post an outside idea Monday – Friday this summer:
- Most of these ideas will be very simple but don’t write them off, they may be just what your child needs to get his own creative juices going. Remember that he needs simple things to build on.
- I think kids are perfectly able to entertain themselves, but for children who have been overusing technology a quick jump start will help him get more confident forming his own ideas.
- This ongoing list will help Mom plan and structure a few outdoor ideas when frustration may be high and patience low.
- This list is generally for all kids but since I have three boys and one girl, we won’t talk as much about tea parties and dressing up! The ideas will be generally for lower and middle school age boys but every now and then we will throw in a good teen activity. But don’t be too quick to think that your teen son won’t like some of these timeless activities.
- I’m sure you have wonderful tips on outside activities please share with us on our FB site! We need to hear from you!
I can’t wait to get started!